By Lisa Edwards
Luxury Timeshare Ski Resorts
If you’re looking to get away for the winter, the United States has some of the best ski resorts in the world. One way to experience these resorts is by staying in a timeshare rental, many of which are situated slope-side, or just minutes from the mountains. Timeshare units are often much more spacious than the standard hotel room, and typically provide separate living and dining rooms so you can spread out during your stay. Many timeshare resorts also offer a variety of on-site amenities like swimming pools, hot tubs, spas, fitness facilities, restaurants and bars, game rooms and more, so you always have something to do, even if you never leave the resort.
Even if you’re not a huge fan of the fluffy white stuff, many resorts offer a host of other activities that can be enjoyed year-round. Whether you’re a skier, snowboarder or just looking to escape to the mountains and maybe do a little sledding or snowball making, here’s a list of 8 luxury timeshare resorts snow-seekers will love.
On the East Coast, the White Mountains of New Hampshire and the Green Mountains of Vermont are famous for their abundance of ski slopes and vacation rentals. There are so many resorts to choose from, it’s hard to pick just one, so here are a couple that are just perfect for the avid skier or rider.
1. The InnSeason Resorts South Mountain is located in beautiful Lincoln, New Hampshire, and sits conveniently at the base of Loon Mountain. This centrally located resort is perfect for a winter ski or snowboard trip, or a visit to New Hampshire’s White Mountains any time of year. With nearby lakes, rivers and mountains, the possibilities to explore the outdoors are endless.
2. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Ascutney Mountain Resort is a ski-in/ski-out resort nestled at the base of the mountain. Offering 52 trails, this “RCI Gold Crown Rated” resort is a skier/snowboarder’s dream. Plus, in the summertime, there are plenty of warm-weather activities like swimming, tennis, kayaking, backpacking, golfing and more to keep the whole family entertained.
The Rocky Mountains
Out west, the Rocky Mountains are known for being home to some of the most amazing ski resorts in the country.
3. The Wyndham Pagosa borders the San Juan National Forest in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Offering a daily shuttle to the Wolf Creek ski area, this resort makes it easy to get to the slopes. If the conditions aren’t ideal one day for heading to the mountain, the resort’s complex houses an Olympic-sized indoor pool, a weight room, game room and racquetball courts, so there are plenty of other activities nearby to keep you entertained all week long.
4. Marriott’s Mountain Valley Lodge is located in the world-famous Breckenridge, Colorado, just 98 miles west of Denver. This resort offers spacious and modern accommodations and overlooks the Quicksilver Super Six chairlift. Breckenridge boasts a total of 27 lifts and over 148 ski/snowboard trails for the ultimate skier/rider experience.
5. Marriott’s Mountainside is situated at the base of Park City Ski Resort in Park City, Utah. Skiers and riders come from all over to visit this ski-in/ski-out resort which even includes a skier’s lounge with valet ski service. For summertime visitors, there is an outdoor recreation area with a pool and whirlpool spas and a variety of additional activities nearby such as golf, tennis, mountain biking, fishing and hiking.
6. Ridge Tahoe is a beautiful mountain resort offering breathtaking views of Carson Valley and the Heavenly Valley Ski Resort in Stateline, Nevada. Providing comfortable and spacious accommodations, complimentary ski shuttles, an on-site ski shop and much more, this resort provides the ultimate vacation for skiers and riders. This 11-acre, 302-unit luxury resort offers something for every traveler looking for a memorable Lake Tahoe vacation experience.
7. NeNastako Village at Meadow Lake Resort is located in Columbia Falls, Montana, and neighbors the famous Glacier National Park and Flathead Lake. The resort is open year-round, providing an array of outdoor activities for the adventurous traveler, as well as a serene escape from the everyday routine. Just minutes from skiing and snowmobile trails, this “RCI Gold Crown Rated” resort offers condominium-style accommodations with plenty of room for the whole family.
8. And, last but not least, Teton Club is a gorgeous resort located at the base of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort in Wyoming. This 5-star resort is just steps from the gondola and the new tram, so you can be skiing or riding in no time. If you’re looking to explore, the entrance to Yellowstone National Park is just minutes from the resort, and snowmobile tours of the park are available.
Money-Saving Tips: Traveling on a budget? Renting timeshare from an owner is a great way to vacation for less. Owners will often rent out their timeshare unit for much less than it would cost to rent directly from the resort, so there are some incredible deals to be had. Looking last minute? Timeshare owners sometimes have trouble renting out their units, and the closer it gets to the timeshare week available, the better the deal. Who said vacations have to expensive?